2011年1月21日星期五

The Rudy Jaramillo effect gets blown out of proportion at the major league level

The Rudy Jaramillo effect gets blown out of proportion at the major league level, and obviously, if teams felt hitting coaches made that much of a difference, it would be reflected in their wages. But that does not mean guys like Cevallos and O’Leary do not make a huge difference in individual players and could have similar effects on replica Gucci YA102505 Ladie's watch other hitters’ careers.Note: I used to write about baseball a lot. This season, though, I have but two Post s to my name. Thankfully, P Addy McMahon, the best free agent acquisition of the offseason, has carried the site. I want to change that fact. For a while there, life got in the way and I simply had no extra time to write about baseball/sports outside of my day job.

My attendance was so poor on one of my weekly radio hits, in fact, that I was essentially designated for assignment from the show. Which was tough to swallow. After attending the FanGraphs Live Event (promise a brief recap of my experience) in Manhattan Saturday, however, it dawned on me how much I miss writing about baseball. So, from here on out, I do not plan on being such a stranger at Around the Majors.As mentioned in my replica Gucci YA086309 Men's watch note above, I made the trip down from Boston to New York City to attend FanGraphs Live. Since I am always looking for an excuse to head down to the city, it was a no brain decision to purchase a ticket online, make plans with a buddy and head down for a weekend.

I am glad that I did so. For some reason, I really felt the need, subconsciously, to prepare like a college student studying for finals before attending. If the situation arose, I wanted to be able to answer any baseball related question off the top of my replica Gucci 103 Series Horsebit Ladie's watch head, prompting me to read every FanGraphs article from the past few weeks and study the WAR leader board. Perhaps out of insecurity for not following baseball quite as closely as I have in the past few seasons, I really made an effort to be on the ball in that regard.